Re: Optimization via explicit JOINs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David Olbersen
Subject Re: Optimization via explicit JOINs
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Stephan Szabo wrote:

->Not entirely.  Those are only estimates, so they don't entirely line up
->with reality.  Also, I notice the first estimates 14 rows and the second
->1,  which is probably why the estimate is higher.  In practice it probably
->won't be significantly different.

So really I'm just getting back estimations of cost and rows returned?
Incidentally, both queries returned the same data set, that's a Good Thing (tm).

-- Dave