Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf
Date
Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I don't think GRANT CONNECT fits into our setup at all.  I also doubt
> that it will be needed very much once we have schemas.

People have many times asked for a way to alter the connection settings
from within the database.  For instance, you add users in the database,
but then you need to go elsewhere to give that user any access.  Consider
GRANT CONNECT a built-in editor for pg_hba.conf.  You don't have to
actually store the information in two separate places.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net