Re: Fw: Fw: bad performance on irix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: Fw: Fw: bad performance on irix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On a side note, I thought I would mention that the Next Generation POSIX
Threading (NGPT) Project (IBM --
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/pthreads) patches have
just been accepted to the 2.5.x Linux kernel.  A 2.4.x patch is also
available.  So, it may be possible that POSIX mutexes may be a
performance reality for Linux sometime in the near future...

Greg