Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> This is because Autoconf doesn't conveniently support making different
> LIBS lists for every executable, and so we just use one one-size-fits-
> all list for all of 'em.  (Perhaps AC 2.5* will make this better?)

Autoconf has no knowledge of what your build system looks like.  It merely
tests what libraries exist and stores that knowledge in a list.  It's up
to you what you do with that list.

We could probably replace $(LIBS) with $(filter {the libraries you really
want}, $(LIBS)) everywhere (see libpq Makefile).  But it might be hard to
maintain.  Not sure.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net