Re: Patch for ODBC driver (look for odbc.ini in more than - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Patch for ODBC driver (look for odbc.ini in more than
Date
List pgsql-patches
Igor Kovalenko writes:

> I ran into this issue too. Not sure whether it is useful to check 4
> locations, but current code is certainly broken. It does check for
> odbcinst.ini in ~user and default location, but only ~user for odbc.ini.
[...]
> Default location certainly should be searched and that would not require
> big changes. Looking at the code I actually think original coder meant
> to do that but overlooked that code will only work for odbcinst.ini.

That would seem to be a useful addition.  You could probably just use the
same directory that is configured for odbcinst.ini now.

> I don't really get it why do you want to add another configure option at
> all, it is confusing enough already. I would think that odbcinst.ini and
> [default] odbc.ini normally should be in the same place.

Linking against the appropriate libraries of the driver manager ensures
that the driver and the driver manager always look into the same place.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net