CREATE TYPE delimiter? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Command Prompt, Inc.
Subject CREATE TYPE delimiter?
Date
List pgsql-general
Good day,

Just wondering if anyone knows the reason for the DELIMITER keyword in
CREATE TYPE? The documentation states that it sets the value delimiter if
you are creating an array data type, but setting this value to something
other than a comma neither seems to affect the input nor output
representation--that is, a comma still appears to be required on input,
and displayed on output, regardless of what I set the DELIMITER to.

Is this possibly something that has changed in the last six years? I
found docs from '95 stating essentially the same thing. I poked around a
little in backend/src/arrayfuncs.c, but I didn't get very far. ;)

Regards,
Jw.
--
jlx@commandprompt.com