Re: ODBC Performance - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: ODBC Performance
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-15] F�bio Sato wrote:

> I'm using the ODBC Driver version 07_01_0007 with ADO and the performance
> is very disappointing... I have a procedure that update 868 rows and it is
> taking more than 5 minutes to complete.
>
> After some search on the mailing lists I've found similar problems but
> didn't find any answer to them. Can someone help me?

Are you committing after each operation, or is the ODBC driver forcing
this?

By "procedure", do you mean as PG-backend proc (in plpgsql or something
like that), or do you mean client-side procedure that calls PG 868 times?

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant