Re: VACUUM, 24/7 availability and 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: VACUUM, 24/7 availability and 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vacuum&hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql.hackers&rnum=1&selm=12833.990140724%40sss.pgh.pa.us

> (sorry about the long URL); how far advanced are they, and is
> there any kind of release schedule for 7.2?
>
> Any answers (or pointers thereto, haven't found any myself :-()
> much appreciated

There is a faster, non-exclusive-locking VACUUM in the CVS now; this
should become part of 7.2. You can download the nightly snapsot and build
it to test it with your application.

HTH.