Re: Makefiles for building with mingw32 on win32 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Makefiles for building with mingw32 on win32
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Can we actually get configure to work on Win32, and if we can, why do we
> have other Win32 makefiles?  I don't understand why Peter E was saying
> we should use configure either.

mingw32 is the "minimal GNU environment for Win32" -- sort of like Cygwin
ultra-light.  As a consequence it should work to run configure on it.  In
fact, we already have

checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no

So I'd be interested to know what happens when you do try it.

Also, what would be the advantage of the mingw32 specific makefiles that
you sent, versus just using the win32 native ones that we already have?

> > PS: I'm trying to subscribe to pgsql-cygwin, but it looks as if Majordomo is in
> > a bad mood again. Whom would I write to if I think it is broken?

Probably pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org.  But the lists should be back
up by now.