Re: dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Matt Block writes:

> [prompt]$ pg_dump -s smile
> NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
> getTables(): relation 'users': cannot find function with oid 1644 for
> trigger RI_ConstraintTrigger_196192

The notice indicates that you are using a pg_dump with multibyte support
and a server without.  That's no problem by itself, but it could be a hint
that you have a version mismatch beyond that.

The function with the oid 1644 should be built-in.  Grepping the source
code for the error message I have reasons to believe that you are using
pg_dump from PostgreSQL 6.5, which to no surprise cannot handle
referential integrity (which was added in 7.0).  The solution would be to
use pg_dump from PostgreSQL 7.0.* or 7.1.2 or later (not in between).