Re: furiously yours - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: furiously yours
Date
List pgsql-bugs
rkrk@hotmail.com writes:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that 7.1 rpms where compiled on a machine with LC_ALL=C and this
iswhy it does the sorting differently, now for me to be able to have a newer version that sorts things they way I want
themI have to install the srpms and configure, then install on my machine, I tried it with a couple of versions and it
worked.I also tried to change the LC_ALL variable before runing initdb on the version 7.0.3 I have it did not work.

It doesn't matter where they were compiled, only what the setting was when
initdb ran.  The rpms set LC_ALL to C somewhere in the environment of the
postgres user or in the init script, I don't remember.  Check there if you
want to change it.