Re: Cygwin Java (make install) Patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Cygwin Java (make install) Patch
Date
Re: Cygwin Java (make install) Patch  (Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Jason Tishler writes:

> The following patch corrects a make install problem when building
> under Cygwin.  The root cause of this problem is that (Sun) java is a
> native Win32 app and hence does not understand Cygwin Posix style paths.
> The solution is to use Cygwin's cygpath utility to convert the Posix style
> JDBC installation directory path into a Win32 one before invoking ant.

I'd like $(javadir) as the variable name, because non-JDBC things also get
installed there.  Other than that, okay.  What kind of program is 'ant' on
Cygwin?  Maybe it could take care of that itself in a future release?