Re: Detecting readline in configure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Detecting readline in configure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I suggest that the behavior of configure not be changed, but that it be
> tweaked to put out a slightly more obvious notice about not being able
> to find readline support.  Maybe
>
>     checking for libreadline ... no
>     checking for libedit ... no
>     *
>     * NOTICE: I couldn't find libreadline nor libedit.  You will
>     * not have history support in psql.
>     *

This may be useful as well, but it doesn't help those doing unattended
builds, such as RPMs and *BSD ports.  In that case you need to abort to
notify the user that things didn't go the way the package maker had
planned.

Let's do both.