Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Einar Karttunen
Subject Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 May 2001, Al Frick wrote:

> Which operating system should I use for a Postgresql server?
>
> Linux?  Which version?
>
> Other?
>
> I do database work for several medium size companies.  They have about
> 100 users per company.  One has 3 different locations.  All woul dlike
> to put some data on the internet, both publish and input from the
> internet.
>
> Is there anywhere that discusses configurations for postgresql?

Postgresql is pretty platform independent so there is no clear answer.
Many people favor various linux distributions others like freebsd. The
bottom line is postgresql runs fine with most *nix platforms so you should
choose one that you are already familiar with, and which is best for your
other needs.

ps. Let's not start another pointless discussion about this on the list.
If you look in the archive you can find many messages on this topic.

- Einar Karttunen