Re: copy from multi-line text problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: copy from multi-line text problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> > Can I import tis file somehow?
>
> I have a perl script which I use to parse comma-separated files like
> this.  It is 'sort-of' generic, but you would need to customise it a
> little for your situation.

DBD::CSV is another option for moving stuff from a comma-separated text
file into Postgres.  I use it all the time for this.  Gives me more
control over what I am importing in, because I am using SQL to get stuff
out of the text file and using SQL to insert it into Postgres.  It may not
be the fastest option, but it's definitely more flexible.

-- Brett
                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
All a man needs out of life is a place to sit 'n' spit in the fire.