Re: [GENERAL] Patch (tiny): \cd (change dir) for psql [with feedback] - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Patch (tiny): \cd (change dir) for psql [with feedback]
Date
List pgsql-patches
Mark Hamby writes:

> Here's a patch for a \cd (change dir) command in psql program.
> It's very small and only adds a few lines.
> Personally, I am surprised psql does not have this command.
> It is EXTREMELY useful when \include'ing SQL scripts to set
> up a database schema.

This sounds like a good idea.

Problems with your patch:

1. You can't portably use getcwd(NULL, xxx).

2. You should test for !quiet before printing messages to stdout.

3. You should use scan_option() to read command arguments.  See \connect
   above your code (rather than \copy below).

Unless you manage to fix these issues, I will do it. :-)