Re: src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c ported to emacs lisp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c ported to emacs lisp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michal Maru¹ka writes:

> I have started trying to make the emacs' psql experience more comfortable.
> I transformed (with sed(1) & manually) the C-source to elisp program.
> Now I want to improve it.

Interesting.  Is the reason that you need this the fact that psql doesn't
use readline when run in emacs because it thinks it's connected to a
non-terminal?  Maybe a better approach would be to make psql (or readline
(or emacs)) think differently in this situation.

> My question:  What is the licence of this file.

Good question.  We like to think that all files that are not labeled
otherwise are under the BSD-style license that is shown in the COPYRIGHT
file, with appropriate copyright holders replaced.

> Can I distribute is under GPL?

Personally, (I wrote the file originally) I would prefer it if you kept
the BSD license on it, as it will allow us to steal code back from you,
and it's not like somebody's going to distribute binary-only versions, get
rich, and cut you out.

Some people think it's not okay to relicense BSD stuff as GPL without
getting into some kind of jam, to which I personally agree, but if you
don't care then I won't sue you either.