Re: Support for bulk reads/writes ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Perrin
Subject Re: Support for bulk reads/writes ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'm not entirely sure if I'm understanding you, but if I am then it
seems like transactions would do what you're asking, but batch them at the
backend point rather than the client point:

BEGIN;

INSERT...
INSERT...
INSERT...

COMMIT;

will wait until the COMMIT line to actually change the backend db.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrinAssistant Professor of Sociology, U of North
Carolina,Chapel Hill     269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA