Re: Querying $libdir - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Querying $libdir
Date
List pgsql-general
Replying to myself...

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> The subject says it really. Is there a way to query the value of $libdir, and I
> don't mean the dynamic_library_path GUC?
>
> I ask because, I have scripts to create databases and I've come to make
> adjustments to load tsearch2. Now contrib/tsearch2 installs itself into $libdir
> with tsearch2.sql installed as $libdir/contrib/tsearch2.sql...

I got that wrong, it actually installs tsearch2.sql into
$libdir/../share/contrib/ without specifically setting a different location for
shared files.

However, I also note that the functions are installed into public schema. That
looked fine when I first checked that it wasn't polluting namespaces in the
search path. Unfortunately, the database I'm looking at at the moment doesn't
have public in the user's search paths. Therefore, I'm going to have to bring
tsearch2 into my own release procedures, something not made easy by it only
being compilable within the contrib directory of the main source tree.

--
Nigel J. Andrews