Re: [HACKERS] "Adding missing from clause" (replacement) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: [HACKERS] "Adding missing from clause" (replacement)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] "Adding missing from clause" (replacement)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] "Adding missing from clause" (replacement)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 1 May 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> > * Add enable_implicited_join GUC, defaulting to true. Emit notice if
> > enabled, throw error if disabled when adding implicit RTE.
>
> I'd call it "enable_implicit_from", I think, but otherwise this seems
> reasonable...

Fair enough, I'm not particularly sold on my choice so here's a replacement
patch with the GUC name changed. If there's a problem it'll probably be because
I edited the patch and not the source.

Log:

* Add enable_implicit_from GUC, defaulting to true. Emit notice if
  enabled, throw error if disabled when adding implicit RTE.

--
Nigel J. Andrews