RelationForgetRelation error in postgres 7.2.2 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bharath Seshadri
Subject RelationForgetRelation error in postgres 7.2.2
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,   I am using the version of postgres that is shipped with RedhatLinux
8.0 i.e version 7.2.2

My system details:
output of uname -a
Linux godavari.mpisoft-india.com 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
I am facing problems while executing stored procedures
There are 2 cases where postgres is giving errors and I am not able to get
documentation to correct the problem

Case 1:
I get an error when I execute a procedure which contains the statement
EXECUTE ''CREATE TABLE ''||tblcolldata||       '' (rank     smallint,           funccode smallint,           cid
integer,          slno     integer)'';

/******************************************
The actual sql statement that gets executed is
CREATE TABLE colldata_1 (rank     smallint,                       funccode smallint,                       cid
integer,                      slno     integer)

*******************************************/
The error is
NOTICE:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function match_collective
NOTICE:  line 125 at SQL statement
filedbwriter ---> ERROR:  RelationForgetRelation: relation 92539 is still
open
filedbwriter ---> status PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
Case 2:
I get an error when I execute a procedure which contains the statement
EXECUTE ''INSERT into ''||matchtblname||       '' SELECT ''||tblidsendcnt||''.id as sendid, ''||
tblidrecvcnt||''.idas recvid          from   ''||tblidsendcnt||'', ''||tblidrecvcnt||       '' where
''||tblidsendcnt||''.sendcount= ''||          tblidrecvcnt||''.recvcount '';

/******************************************
The actual sql statement that gets executed is
INSERT into matched_sendrecv_1
SELECT idsendcnt_1.id as sendid,idrecvcnt_1.id as recvid
from   idsendcnt_1, idrecvcnt_1
where  idsendcnt_1.sendcount = idrecvcnt_1.recvcount ;
*******************************************/
The error is
NOTICE:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function match_sendrecv
NOTICE:  line 320 at SQL statement
filedbwriter ---> ERROR:  RelationForgetRelation: relation 50506 is still
open
filedbwriter ---> status PGRES_FATAL_ERROR

The above mentioned errors do not show up in the latest version of
postgres i.e 7.3.2 when installed on Redhat 8.0 machine.
Was this a bug that was fixed?
Please respond.
Sincerely,bharath