Re: ssl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: ssl
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Dennis Gearon wrote:

> How is one supposed to connect to the SSL connection from script languages?

If they're using libpq which I believe the non pure perl interface does then it
should be transparent if the client's libpq has been built with ssl
enabled. The tcl interface uses libpq no doubt, I don't know about python but I
don't see why it wouldn't and of course psql uses libpq so that's covered as
well.

ssh tunneling works I believe as well...indeed, trawling my memory again, may
be that's what I had working and I never did rebuild the workstation's package
with ssl. Oh well, there's that memory thing again.

Nigel Andrews