Re: start error - pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: start error - pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
The simple solution if 16 is enough for you is to edit the max_connections
parameter in $PGDATA/postgres.conf By default it is 32 so change it to 16.

However, your system could be low on resources and you may just be delaying
the problems. I don't know if HP-UX gives something like sysctl, if so try and
find out about what and how it let's you change in the kernel
configuration. Alternatively, someone else already mentioned using SAM. You
should be able to change kernel settings through that tool. You do need root
priviledges to change the kernel though.

Good luck,

Nigel Andrews

--
Nigel J. Andrews