Re: unnecessary updates - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Perrin
Subject Re: unnecessary updates
Date
List pgsql-sql
One strategy is to use some sort of middleware that takes care of this. On
a project I did a few years ago, I used a perl module that read the record
from Postgres and made it into a perl object. The object contained a
variable, "changed", that reflected whether anything had actually changed
in the object. Finally, there was an object method put() that took care of
updating the database. put() checked the changed property and simply
silently finished unless changed was true.

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu