Re: error...what to do? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Perrin
Subject Re: error...what to do?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Read the error text:

> beckerbalab2=> SELECT ffix_ability.name, ffix_ability.cost                                   ^^^^^
> beckerbalab2-> FROM ffix_can_learn NATURAL JOIN  ffix_ability
> beckerbalab2->  WHERE ffix_can_learn.character_name = 'Zidane'
> beckerbalab2-> EXCEPT --this is the difference operator hope it works
> beckerbalab2-> SELECT ffix_ability.name, ffix_ability.cost
> beckerbalab2-> FROM ffix_can_learn NATURAL JOIN  ffix_ability
> beckerbalab2-> WHERE ffix_can_learn.character_name = 'Steiner';
> ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'name'         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your ffix_ability table contains the columns
"ability_name",'ability_description","type", and "cost".  There's no
column called "name".

Try again with the line above as SELECT ffix_ability.ability_name....

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu