Re: Efficient date range search? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Efficient date range search?
Date
List pgsql-general

SELECT *
 FROM pets
 WHERE
  born <= '2001-07-04 07:01:00+00'
 AND
  (
   died > '2001-07-04 07:01:00+00'
  OR
   died is NULL
  )

Efficient? Well that depends on data distribution, indexes and the 'goodness'
of choice by the planner. One presumes given the data set that can be rewritten
numerous ways to experiment on obtaining the best like spliting each half of
the died test into two queries combined using UNION.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---