Re: size of function body - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ralph Graulich
Subject Re: size of function body
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

> The particular case that the bug was reported for was a long string
> literal, eg 'lots of text here'.

Thanks for explaining this case to me. Indeed I am using long string
literals, now that I know what this means *g*.

I am deriving a describing text out of several variables, constant text
string and a some queries for putting together some kind of "data and
facts sheet" stored in a TEXT field. Some text can be quite really
large, as it is derived by recursion. Thus I think I am hit by that
particular bug.

After getting the current source patch, I'll recompile, test it and let
you know wether that fixed my problem. Thanks for your assistance!

Kind regards
... Ralph ...