Re: I must be blind... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: I must be blind...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

>  [snip]
> The error message I'm getting when I try to use it with:
>
> SELECT new_transaction_fn(9, 444, 4, 'B', now(), 'C');
>
> is:
>
> NOTICE:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function new_transaction_fn
> NOTICE:  line 11 at assignment
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "SELECT"
>
>  [snip]

Ah, it's the perform. I was wondering about the validity of a FOUND test after
discarding the results of a query. If I just write the result into a dummy
variable without using PERFORM it progresses to a different error (but that's
down to a check constraint I haven't changed after changing my mind about the
values in the field).

So I wasn't blind, just dim.

--
Nigel J. Andrews