Re: Lost Access To Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Lost Access To Table
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Booth, Robert wrote:

> I have a strange problem.  I have lost the ability to query a table.  Every
> time I try to query it the system just hangs.  I can use psql to view the
> table and it's structure but I can't access any data.  I've even tried to
> vacuum the table and I get the same hang.  Is there anything else I should
> be looking to do?

It sounds like you should be worrying about your filesystem. When you kill
whatever process you're using to query the table presumably the associated
backend stays hanging around.

It'd be a good idea to make sure you have a back up and try rebuilding your
database on a different filesystem/machine.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---