Re: 2nd cut at SSL documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: 2nd cut at SSL documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, 21 May 2002 14:27:00 -0600 (MDT)
> "Bear Giles" <bgiles@coyotesong.com> wrote:
> > A second cut at SSL documentation....

> [snip]

> > To set up a SSH/OpenSSH tunnel, a shell account for each
> > user should be set up on the database server.  It is acceptable
> > for the shell program to be bogus (e.g., /bin/false), if the
> > tunnel is set up in to avoid launching a remote shell.
> >
> > On each client system the $HOME/.ssh/config file should contain
> > an additional line similiar to
> >
> >  LocalForward 5555 psql.example.com:5432

I'm coming to this party a bit late in that this is the first I've read the
documentation. I'm also a bit of a newbie when it comes to SSH and I've not
investigated ssh3 at all yet. However, isn't this assuming ssh1 only? I know
ssh2 will fallback to ssh1 compatibility but should there be something about
configuring for the later versions?

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director