Feature Request - PL/PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Feature Request - PL/PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

It would be very nice if PL/PgSQL could return a record set (ie, set of
tuples). This could be done in two ways as far as I can imagine: either
PL/PgSQL just returns the rows as a normal query would or it could return
a cursor. The prior would be very useful, the latter easier to implement
(especially if INOUT arguments get implemented =)).

Currently, this seems to go against the grain of PL/PgSQL - am I missing
something?

Gavin