Re: connection versus persistent connection (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tomasz Misterka
Subject Re: connection versus persistent connection (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Felipe Nascimento wrote:

> I use PHP to connect to postgresql in my web application.
>
> Is there advantages to use one or another (pg_connect() or pg_pconnect())???

I'm using PHP too, and pg_connect - sometimes users are so long on one
website and they can lost connection with database. I think that for
public websites with databases it's better than pg_pconnect.

With regards
Tomasz Misterka