Re: Closing 5432 to the outside - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From harrold@sage.che.pitt.edu
Subject Re: Closing 5432 to the outside
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sometime in September Aarni Ruuhim�ki / Megative Tmi assaulted keyboard
and...

|Hi folks !
|
|How can I close pgsql port to the outside ? I am accessing pg-databases only
|from (the local net and) the server itself via coldfusion so the port does
|not have to be visible to eth0 ?
|
|How can I do this ? Is there a start option for this ? I vaguely remember
|having seen something about it somewhere but could not find in docs.
|
|Any hint or insight / explanation into this would be greatly appreciated.
|
|Thanks in advance,
|
|aarni
|
|I am running RH 7.1 and PG 7.0

since you are running redhat you could use the firewalling software to
block external access to that port using iptables i believe.

--
john

"You have new mail, you open it. Your server begins port
scanning every box on the internet.  Do the server's mind?
Of course not, they have nothing better to do."
- New Microsoft Ad?