Re: (Fwd) how to change or set password for a database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From harrold@sage.che.pitt.edu
Subject Re: (Fwd) how to change or set password for a database
Date
List pgsql-novice
hey.

in you rdata directory there should be a file called pg_hba.conf. read
through the comments in that file and it should explain access control. on
a side note, are you able to connect to any databases using php? if not
you might not be starting the postmaster with the right options. on older
versions of postgres this was dont by starting the postmaster with the
"-i" option. i dont recall right off hand what it is in 7.1.

--
john

"You have new mail, you open it. Your server begins port
scanning every box on the internet.  Do the server's mind?
Of course not, they have nothing better to do."
- New Microsoft Ad?

Sometime in September hodges@xprt.net assaulted keyboard and produced...

|------- End of forwarded message -------