Re: Web site gripes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos
Subject Re: Web site gripes
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Hmm.  Maybe they are gripes.  While the Postgres documentation is
> > typically first class, the site seems pretty hard for me to deal
> > with, especially compared to ones like php.net and *ahem* mysql.com.
>
> Gripes, no.  But would you like some cheese with that whine?
>
> > For bonus points, make the "search results" page in the "interactive
> > documentation" return the titles of the pages, not the names of the
> > documents.
>
> On second thought, go buy your own cheese.
>
> Vince.

Hey relax,
    the man was just trying to be helpful by pointing out what would be discouraging for the newcomer in getting
startedfor Pg. And making one feel comfortable the first time will probably bring one back again, no matter whether it
isavg Joe or Mr. Born2dba.
    The search mechanism could really use a face-lift. Printing the page names is not very useful as one cannot really
tell(and shouldn't have to remember) the difference for example between ecpg-develop.html, ecpg-use.html and ecpg.html.
Additionallyinstead of having the results POSTed, why not GET them so that when following a link, later one can return
tothe search result page without gatting the annoying "Data Missing..." message.

We are not criticizing here...just suggesting :-)

best regards,
thalis