Re: CLUSTER. (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos
Subject Re: CLUSTER. (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
Clustering is really static i.e. it's done and after it any inserts/updates start spoiling the table again. So I guess
theanswer is no. Maybe you can create a procedure that does CLUSTER and then recreates the indeces and whatever else
youlose in the process.

cheers,
thalis

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:

> > It's done with CLUSTER indeed. Everything is copied in a temp table which is later renamed to the original table,
soall grant perimissions and indeces are lost on this table. Also keep in mind that you'll get new OIDs too (if you are
dependingon them)