Re: problem connecting from another host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos
Subject Re: problem connecting from another host
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos" <thalis@cs.pitt.edu> writes:
> > How about it becomes part of 'pg_ctl status'?
>
> How would pg_ctl know what files the postmaster is looking at?
> Under conditions of messed-up configuration, pg_ctl is likely
> to be just as confused as the DBA is :-(.  I'd rather have a way
> to get the info from the PM itself.
>
>             regards, tom lane

The postmaster knows what conf files it is reading, so have it spew this info in DataDir/postmaster.opts which is
anywayread by 'pg_ctl status'. I don't have the big picture in my mind as you probably do, but it is a fast way to do
it.Just pass it in CreateOptsFile() of postmaster.c?

cheers,
thalis