Re: Cleanly cancel a query. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos
Subject Re: Cleanly cancel a query.
Date
List pgsql-general
To be more precise, if by "a very large insert" you mean an import of a large data file via COPY, then it is fully
transactionali.e. if you kill -TERM the corresponding postmaster, it'll be like the insert never took place.
If you mean multiple INSERTs in a transaction block then again the same.
But if it is a text file with multiple INSERTs just by themselves, I'd guess killing the postmaster would live you with
atable only half-full.

cheers,
thalis