RE: PostgreSQL 7.1 and ORACLE 8.x - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bartlett
Subject RE: PostgreSQL 7.1 and ORACLE 8.x
Date
List pgsql-general
Earlier posts by Tom Lane indicated that when 32 bits are taken up, you
have to dump/restore your database (actually, you have to do that before
they are all gone).

Gnome calculator shows 2^32 being 4,294,967,296, or roughly 4 billion
transactions.  This doesn't really matter in the medium-size database
department (if you get there let me know), but in the higher-end it could
be a problem.

Tom suggested a dump/restore when pg_log got near 1 gig.

Jon

johnnyb6@sdf.lonestar.org