psqlodbc.dll + MSQuery == crash - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Chris Andrews
Subject psqlodbc.dll + MSQuery == crash
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I'm using version 7.01.0005 of the psqlodbc.dll driver, with Windows 98
and Office 97. I'm trying to use MSQuery to grab some data into Word for a
mailmerge.

The problem is that when MSQuery tries to connect to the database, it
makes a connection, then crashes with an 'invalid page fault in module
psqlodbc.dll', or sometimes 'stack fault...'.

If I turn on logging, then I can see that a connection is made at least
once, because the client retrieves the server version, etc. (logs
available if required)

I can connect to the Postgres database with no problems using Access on
the same system, and using MSQuery used to work with Postgres 6.5 and the
6.5 version of psqlodbc.dll.

If I use the 6.5 version of psqlodbc.dll in the same situation, the
connection works fine, but no tables are visible.

All suggestions gratefully received! I can install Visual Studio on this
machine and provide more information if necessary.

Thanks in advance

Chris.