How to determine if a user exists.. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dominic J. Eidson
Subject How to determine if a user exists..
Date
Re: How to determine if a user exists..  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am trying to add another authentication mechanism to PostgreSQL... And,
in doing that, I need to verify the existance of an user within PG. Short
of hacking together code from verify_password(), is there any way to check
if a user exists in postgresql? (The actuall password verification will be
taken care of elsewhere... I just need to check if the user exists.)

thanks,
--
Dominic J. Eidson                                       "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/