Re: Help - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Cedar Cox
Subject Re: Help
Date
List pgsql-sql
> >   Thanks for your valuable information. I tried the
> > cron. i typed
> >    cron -e
> > and entereed into the input area. but i don't know how
> > to save the cron file. I pressed ctrl+z and came out
> > from cron. but i edit the cron file i found nothing on
> > it.(i.e using pico filename.) Please tell me some
> > description how to save the file in cron and to achive
> > this. I will be thankful to you.
> >

> Instead of "ctrl+z", press ":wq" (colon for command mode, w for write, q for
> quit). This assumes that vi is your default editor.

And if you didn't know, you can set the VISUAL environment variable to
change your default editor.  eg..
 export VISUAL=pico

You can put this in your .profile to make it a default.  Personally I
don't like line wrapping so I turn it off like this:
 export VISUAL='pico -w'

You can also use the 'v' command in from 'less' to edit a file.. very
handy..

-Cedar