Re: [HACKERS] triggered data change violation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Cedar Cox
Subject Re: [HACKERS] triggered data change violation
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
> Cedar Cox <cedarc@visionforisrael.com> writes:
> > Added note:  The trigger is a BEFORE trigger.
>
> AFAIK the "triggered data change" message comes out of the AFTER trigger
> code.  You sure you don't have any AFTER triggers on the table?  Perhaps
> ones added implicitly by a foreign-key constraint?

Not any that I wrote.  Ok, the table def is:

CREATE TABLE tblStSC2Options (       SC2OptionID int4 NOT NULL,       SC2OptionName character varying(50) NOT NULL
CHECK(SC2OptionName<>''),       SC2OptionValue float4 CHECK (SC2OptionValue>0),       SurID character varying(50) NOT
NULLREFERENCES tblStSC2 ON UPDATE

CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,       PRIMARY KEY (SC2OptionID)
);

And there is one other table, tblListRequestSentItems, which has a field:
       SC2OptionID int4 DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL REFERENCES tblStSC2Options,

Have I answered your question?  (I think so.)

-Cedar