Re: JDBC error codes to detect duplicates? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Cedar Cox
Subject Re: JDBC error codes to detect duplicates?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
As stated, the backend protocol doesn't pass error codes but error
messages.  My question is, are there enough of these kind of things to
create a new protocol version (7.2)?  After all, we are still using the
same protocol since (?)6.5.  I think adding error codes would not only
benefit JDBC but ODBC and possibly others also.  I know there have been
various discussions like this one about parsing error messages in the ODBC
driver.  As I remember, there were one or two other things that have been
discussed that would require a change in the protocol also.  Just my two
cents.

-Cedar