Re: Syslog and pg_options (for RPMs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dominic J. Eidson
Subject Re: Syslog and pg_options (for RPMs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers) writes:
> > The Linux page says just:
> >   HISTORY
> >        A syslog function call appeared in BSD 4.2.
> > Normally if there's a standard they mention it.
>
> Yes, the HP man pages also trace it to BSD.  I'm surprised syslog
> (apparently) hasn't made it into any formal standard.

"man syslog" shows the above, "man logger" however, shows this:

STANDARDS    The logger command is expected to be IEEE Std1003.2 (``POSIX'') compati-    ble.

--
Dominic J. Eidson                                       "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/