pg_dump: oldie but goldie - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kovacs Zoltan
Subject pg_dump: oldie but goldie
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Philip, the last element of the chain has caused a big problem for me
changing from 7.0.2 to 7.1beta4: dumping the database out and putting
back.

As you might not know, at my place getting the data from the database is
not a simple pg_dump, but the data come through complex filter programs
(awk scripts and others). And loading the data back is also contains
several scripts transforming the modified dump. So I am in a terrible need
to have the same output in 7.1beta4 as in 7.0.2. I used pg_dump
with -acnD and -acnd switches in 7.0.2.

The old binary of pg_dump could not be used due to the changed database
internals... :-(

Is there any (maybe undocumented) switches satisfying my needs?

TIA, Zoltan
--                         Kov\'acs, Zolt\'an                        kovacsz@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu
          http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/~kovzol                        ftp://pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu/home/kovacsz