Re: Regression Test Fails - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Steve Bern
Subject Re: Regression Test Fails
Date
List pgsql-php
1) you need to set the regression test to use a username that's defined to
postgres.  It looks like it's currently using user 'username'.  Out of the
box, you can set this to postgres if you did the default RPM install, or
installed right from RH7.  Postgres is, of course, the superuser of the
database.  So you'll need to edit the regression test and replace
'username' with 'postgres' and possibly add a password, depending on how
your pg_hba is set up.

2) do a man on pg_passwd to see how to setup users for postgresql -- note
particularly how the pg_hba.conf file is used.

3) You'll need to familiarize yourself with how authentication is done
to the database.  Read/edit /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf.  There are
instructions on how to do this in the file itself.  Then restart postgres
(/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart) (not sure if actually need to do
this, but won't hurt anything).  This is how you set up access.