Re: external function proposal for 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vincent AE Scott
Subject Re: external function proposal for 7.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, mlw wrote:

> Assuming all my assumptions are correct, (and I can't see how that is
> possible ;-), I should also call the Init function at this time.
>
> The big problem is calling the "Exit" function. I am sure that will not
> be easily done, or even doable, but we can dream.

Ok, i don't know the complete syntax of the 'load external function'
stuff, but how about something like :

... ON LOAD CALL 'init()' on UNLOAD CALL 'fini()' ...

when the functions is loaded, you specify a setup function and when it's
unloaded( im not actually sure if this exists) call the finish function.

sorry, if any of that sounds dumb.

-vince
(going back to lurk mode)

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc