Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Cedar Cox
Subject Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Evelio Martinez wrote:

> > There are *two* read-only options, did you fix both, and did you re-
> > link your tables after?
>
> yes
>
> > Do you have a primary key for your table?
>
> is it important?. I have a unique key instead of a primary key.
Yes very important.  Isn't a primary key the same as a unique key, or just
a key in general?  Access has to have a unique field to make sure it
updates the correct record.  If Access doesn't recognise a unique field
then it won't let you update the recordset.

What recordset are you trying to update?  Is it a linked table or a query?

Also, you must be sure that you relink your tables in Access if you change
something in PG.  If you don't, Access will not see the change.  You may
want to write some VB code to relink all your tables for you.  There is an
example in the Developer Solutions database supplied with Access (you will
also need the Northwind db).

-Cedar