Re: Built-in Postgres Types as shown in Chap. 4 Programmer's Guide - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Built-in Postgres Types as shown in Chap. 4 Programmer's Guide
Date
List pgsql-general
Wade D. Oberpriller writes:

> Can anyone point me into the right directions for building PostgreSQL with
> the built-in types that are shown in Chap. 4 of the Programmer's Guide.
>
> I would like to make use of the uint2/uint4 and float4/float8 datatypes, but
> they don't appear to be automatically built in.

float4 and float8 are certainly built in, but uint2 and uint4 aren't and
won't be.  The table in the programmer's guide seems to be confusing.

(If you want unsigned integers, use a check condition on the column
instead.)